Fruit Picking Jobs in Canada in 2023 – Apply Now
Website Job Bank Canada
Fruit Picking Jobs in Canada: Opportunities as a Farm Worker
With its vast agricultural lands and vibrant agricultural industry, Canada offers a variety of seasonal fruit picking jobs. These positions are ideal for those looking for short-term work, students on summer break, or individuals seeking an alternative way to experience the beautiful Canadian countryside.
We will show the different fruit picking jobs available in Canada, job descriptions, and the expected salary ranges for these positions.
Fruit Picking Jobs in Canada
Fruit picking jobs in Canada generally involve working on farms or in orchards, picking and packing fruits like apples, cherries, berries, peaches, and pears. These jobs typically require individuals to work outdoors, often for extended periods, regardless of weather conditions. Physical fitness, endurance, and a willingness to get your hands dirty are essential to succeed in these roles.
|Job Title||Description||Salary Range (CAD)|
|Apple Picker||Harvest apples by hand or using picking tools, sort and pack apples, and assist with orchard maintenance.||$14 – $18 per hour|
|Cherry Picker||Harvest cherries by hand, sort and pack cherries, and assist with orchard maintenance.||$14 – $18 per hour|
|Berry Picker||Pick various types of berries, such as strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries, and assist with packing.||$14 – $18 per hour|
|Peach Picker||Harvest peaches by hand, sort and pack peaches, and assist with orchard maintenance.||$14 – $18 per hour|
|Pear Picker||Harvest pears by hand or using picking tools, sort and pack pears, and assist with orchard maintenance.||$14 – $18 per hour|
*Please note that salaries can vary depending on location, farm size, and experience level.
Farm Workers Supervisor – LMIA Approved
LMIA Jobs Calgary, Canada
Agriculture Jobs in Canada for Foreigners
Finding Fruit Picking Jobs in Canada
To find fruit picking jobs in Canada, consider the following resources:
- Online job boards: Websites like Indeed, Workopolis, and Job Bank often list fruit picking jobs in Canada. Regularly check these sites for updated postings.
- Farm websites: Many farms and orchards have websites where they list job openings. Research local farms in your desired area and visit their websites for job opportunities.
- Local newspapers: Some farms advertise job openings in local newspapers. Check the classified sections for fruit picking job listings.
- Networking: Speak with friends, family, or acquaintances who may have connections to the farming community. Networking can often lead to job opportunities that are not widely advertised.
- Seasonal job fairs: Some regions in Canada host seasonal job fairs where employers from the agricultural sector offer temporary positions, including fruit picking jobs.
Fruit picking jobs in Canada provide an excellent opportunity for individuals looking for seasonal work or a unique way to experience the Canadian countryside. With various fruits to pick and numerous farms and orchards across the country, there are plenty of job opportunities available. By using the resources listed in this article, you can start your search for the perfect fruit picking job in Canada.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobbank.gc.ca.